If you are having trouble wiring a new aftermarket radio in your 8th Generation Honda Civic spanning years 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 then this custom made wiring harness will help. After placing your order we will create a custom wiring harness for your exact radio installation. The custom harness will allow you to install a new aftermarket radio without the need for any wire splicing or wire tapping. This harness will allow you to have a plug and play installation for your Honda Civic with a supported compatible radio. A parking bypass is highly recommended with your order if your radio brand is Pioneer, Kenwood or Alpine. You can learn more about the bypass and add one to your cart using this link.
Our plug and play harness integrates with the factory amplifier in your Honda Civic to retain your front door speakers and tweeters, the rear deck speakers and the factory subwoofer. If you are unsure if your civic is equipped with a factory amplifier, only civics with the rear factory subwoofer have a factory amplifier. If your civic is not equipped with the factory amplifier then our harness uses the aftermarket radios internal amplifier to power all of your speakers.
Included in our harness are the necessary three connectors for your Honda Civic and the radio specific connector that will plug into the back of your radio. Our harness uses RCAs to feed a low level signal from the aftermarket radio to the factory amplifier to retain all of your speakers. If your civic is not equipped with a factory amplifier standard speaker lines are used to feed audio to all your speakers directly from the aftermarket radio. We also add the connector for the AXSWC steering wheel control interface so you can retain your factory steering wheel controls if desired. The AXSWC is an additional purchase it is not included. The wiring for the AXSWC is completed so if you do purchase it you can just plug it in.
In order for your aftermarket radio to be compatible with this harness it must have at least 4 RCA outputs including FL, FR, RL, RR. Also the brand of the aftermarket radio must appear in the selection menu of this listing. If you are unsure if your radio qualifies please call us at 877-542-2872
In order to complete your order we may need your radios model number please include it in the billing checkout notes or if you forget please include a valid phone number where me may reach you in case of any questions.
- Will this harness allow me to keep my factory subwoofer with a new aftermarket radio?
– Yes your factory amplifier gets the subwoofer signal from the rear speaker input signal.
- Can I add an amplifier and subwoofers with your harness?
– Yes you can. You will just need run your RCAs to the back of the radio and wire tap the blue or blue/white wire of the harness.
- Can I add a backup camera with your harness?
– Yes just follow the instructions provided in the radios owners manual or the cameras manual to complete the installation.
- Can I use a random radio I found on Amazon or eBay that has an unknown brand?
– Most likely not. If the radio you purchased on Amazon is less than $100 it most likely won’t have all the features and ports needed for you to complete the installation.
- Do I get to keep all my speakers?
– Yes all speakers are retained.
- Do I get to keep my steering wheel controls?
-Yes but an additional part is required. The AXSWC you can find it here. You will get to keep volume up, volume down, next, prev and mode. The call control buttons will not be retained.
- Do I get to keep the factory AUX port?
– Yes our harness allows you to keep the factory aux port but your new radio must have a right and left RCA Audio In.
*When replacing the factory radio in your Acura you will lose the factory Sirius XM, HFL and CD Changer. *
Adrian (verified owner) –
Straight up plug and play on my ‘07 Civic Si. Worked perfectly with my Sony XAV-AX5000. Retained the amp/sub and even steering wheel controls worked instantly with the Axxess ASWC-1. This is the BEST way to change out the stock stereo without splicing any wires.