If you want to simplify installing an aftermarket in dash stereo receiver in your 2nd generation Acura TSX covering years 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013, then this radio installation kit is complete with everything you will need to install a new stereo in your Acura TSX. This kit does not include a radio. Our kit includes all the necessary components to install an aftermarket radio in your Acura TSX. These components include a dash kit, a custom made wiring harness, the AXSWC steering wheel control interface and the ELS Amplifier Interface if necessary. Our custom harness allows you to have a plug and play installation with a supported compatible radio, the dash kit allows you to install a new radio in the factory location and the AXSWC allows you to control the aftermarket radio with your factory steering wheel controls. The ELS Amplifier Interface allows you to retain the factory amplifier in the navigation equipped models. The non navigation models do not need this interface.
A parking bypass is highly recommended with your order if your radio brand is Pioneer, Kenwood or Alpine. You can learn more about the bypass and add one to your cart using this link.
Your Base Acura TSX has a total of 8 speakers that are powered by the factory amplifier. When replacing the factory radio using our complete kit you are able to keep all of the speakers except the center channel. The front door speakers, tweeters, rear deck speakers and the factory subwoofer will all continue to work; the center dash speaker will not work. Our harness integrates with the factory amplifier to keep all your speakers working. If your factory amplifier does not work this kit will not work.
Your Tech Package or Navigation equipped TSX has a total of 10 speakers that are powered by the factory amplifier. When replacing the factory radio using our complete kit you are able to keep all the speakers. The way the ELS Amplifier Interface retains the factory amplifier is by feeding left and right audio from the aftermarket radio to the factory amplifier and the factory amplifier up-mixes the audio from stereo to 5.1 surround.
You will lose Sirius XM, AUX Input and the factory handsfree link functionality. The steering wheel controls including volume up, volume down, next, previous and mode will work. The call control buttons are not retained. The navigation control buttons are not retained. The components included in this complete install kit are:
- Radio Specific Wiring Harness
- ABS Molded Dash Kit
- 24 Pin Grey Radio Harness
- 4 Pin Grey Subwoofer Harness
- FM Antenna Adapter
- AXSWC Steering Wheel Control Module
- ELS Amplifier Interface (NAV MODELS Only)
In order for your aftermarket radio to be compatible with this harness it must have at least 5 RCA outputs including FL, FR, RL, RR, and SUB. Also the brand of the aftermarket radio must appear in the selection menu of this listing. If you are unsure if your radio qualifies please call us at 877-542-2872
In order to complete your order we may need your radios model number please include it in the billing checkout notes or if you forget please include a valid phone number where me may reach you in case of any questions.
- Will the display above the radio continue to show climate control information.
– NO you will need the climate control conversion harness and the backup camera retention harness.
- Can I use this complete kit on a TSX with navigation?
– Yes. But you will need additional parts to convert the climate control display and to keep the factory backup camera.
- Can I add an amplifier and subwoofers with your harness?
– Yes you can. You will just need run your RCAs to the back of the radio and wire tap the blue or blue/white wire of the harness.
- Can I add a backup camera with your harness?
– Yes just follow the instructions provided in the radios owners manual or the cameras manual to complete the installation.
- Can I use a random radio I found on Amazon or eBay that has an unknown brand?
– Most likely not. If the radio you purchased on Amazon is less than $100 it most likely won’t have all the features and ports needed for you to complete the installation.
- Do I get to keep all my speakers?
– Yes all speakers are retained on the navigation equipped Acuras, on the base you lose the center dash speaker.
- Do I get to keep my steering wheel controls?
– Yes but an additional part is required. The AXSWC in included in this kit. You will get to keep volume up, volume down, next, prev and mode. The call control buttons will not be retained. The navigation control buttons are not retained.