Simplify installing an aftermarket in dash stereo receiver in your 2nd generation Acura MDX covering years 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 and 2013 with our radio installation kit. Our aftermarket radio install kit is complete with everything you will need to install a new stereo in your Acura TL. This kit does not include a radio. This kit only works on vehicles without navigation. Our kit includes all the necessary components to install an aftermarket radio in your Acura. These components are a dash kit, a custom made wiring harness and the AXSWC steering wheel control interface. Our custom harness allows you to have a plug and play installation with a supported compatible radio, the dash kit allows you to install a new radio in the factory location and the AXSWC allows you to control the aftermarket radio with your factory steering wheel controls.
A parking bypass is highly recommended with your order if your radio brand is Pioneer, Kenwood or Alpine. You can learn more about the bypass and add one to your cart using this link.
Your Acura MDX has a total of 6 speakers that are powered by the factory amplifier. When replacing the factory radio using our complete kit you are able to keep all of the speakers except the center channel. The front door speakers, tweeters, rear deck speakers and the factory subwoofer will all continue to work; the center dash speaker will not work. Our harness integrates with the factory amplifier to keep all your speakers working. If your factory amplifier does not work this kit will not work.
When replacing the factory radio you will lose Sirius XM and the factory handsfree link functionality. The steering wheel controls including volume up, volume down, next, previous and mode will work. The call control buttons are not retained. The components included in this complete install kit are:
- Custom Made Wiring Harness
- ABS Molded Dash Kit
- AXSWC Steering Wheel Control Module
In order for your aftermarket radio to be compatible with this harness it must have at least 5 RCA outputs including FL, FR, RL, RR, and SUB. Also the brand of the aftermarket radio must appear in the selection menu of this listing. If you are unsure if your radio qualifies please call us at 877-542-2872
In order to complete your order we may need your radios model number please include it in the billing checkout notes or if you forget please include a valid phone number where me may reach you in case of any questions.
Disclaimer: You will have to wiretap the illumination wire of your factory wiring for automatic radio dimming unless you purchase a radio which does not require an illumination trigger.
- Can I add an amplifier and subwoofers with your harness?
– Yes you can. You will just need run your RCAs to the back of the radio and wire tap the blue or blue/white wire of the harness.
- Can I add a backup camera with your harness?
– Yes just follow the instructions provided in the radios owners manual or the cameras manual to complete the installation.
- Can I use a random radio I found on Amazon or eBay that has an unknown brand?
– Most likely not. If the radio you purchased on Amazon is less than $100 it most likely won’t have all the features and ports needed for you to complete the installation.
- Do I get to keep all my speakers?
– Yes all speakers are retained, except for the center dash speaker.
- Do I get to keep my steering wheel controls?
– Yes but an additional part is required. The AXSWC in included in this kit. You will get to keep volume up, volume down, next, prev and mode. The call control buttons will not be retained.
- How do I get the radio to dim when I turn on the headlights?
-You will need to wire tap the wire show in this picture and attach it to the orange or orange/white wire in your harness.
Bought the wire harness and kit for a 2008 Acura MDX (non-navigation). Easiest stereo install ever. Plug-n-play. Was able to use factory amps and Sub. Steering wheel control was preprogrammed for my stereo. Would definitely reccomend!!!
Carlos Canizales –
I am very happy with the aftermarket Acura MDX PNP radio complete kit. Everything worked and fitted properly in my Acura MDX 2008 (no navigation). I am very pleased with the final product, it looks very professional. I would have given 4 1/2 starts. The only reason why I don’t give 5 stars is because there were not instructions where each adapter goes, plus the steering will control the connection is done slightly different since you need to add the small box included. I am saying this because I am not an electronic expert it took me few minutes watching the videos you posted specially when you are doing the connections. After you figure it out is very simple. One page showing a drawing of the connections would have helped. Other than that it was an excellent work, very happy in saving the installation work. I will do this again and I will recommend it to anybody.
TJ R. (verified owner) –
Purchased the complete wiring kit for a 2008 Acura MDX non-navigation in NYC. Easiest headunit install ever.
Beats having to go to a shop and get a custom set up I was quoted $700.
I’ve also added a back up cam definitely worth it.